Sunday 26 July 2015

Haute Couture by Fatima Jeradi

 Goddess by Fatima. If you call yourself a fashion lover then that statement should ring a bell. Yes folks, that's a fashion label owned by one fashion goddess based in Harare called Fatima Jeradi who is slowly changing the meaning of HAUTE COUTURE into a whole new level. I had an amazing chance to interview her and this is it how it went down:

FT - Fatima Jeradi
SaZw - StylearchiveZW

SaZw!: How did u get into fashion design? Was it always your dream

FT : I've always loved playing with fabrics since I was a little girl. I remember my dad used to keep piles of curtains and I would one piece at a time without him knowing. I'd cut it all up and make stuff out of it all.

SaZw!: That must have been so fun for you hey!

SaZw!: What would you say you enjoy the most about designing clothes?

FT: I love to see the magic of bringing my designs and ideas to life. To see the joy on a client's face, now that's really rewarding!

SaZw!: What would you say is the most challenging part in the whole process?

FT: The most challenging part is the making of the pattern. If that is not done with accuracy then the whole design will not come out.

SaZw!: I can imagine the stress of it all. So if you had the choice of working with any designer in the world, who would be and why?

FT: If I had a chance to work with any designer in the world it would be Ellie Saab. His creations are out of this world.

SaZw!: He really is one of my favorite as well. Can you describe your style?

FT: My style is very elegant, stylish and very classy

Rocking one of her designs from sketch


SaZw!: So would you say your work reflects your personal fashion taste??

FT: I'd say yes as my designs have to look elegant and classy. 

SaZw!: Oh yes it makes sense. Where do you derive your inspiration from or what makes you succeed?

FT: I'd say I'm inspired by beauty be it flowery , beautiful women or glossy magazines and fashion itself.

SaZw!: What advice would you give to someone who wants to be a fashion designer?

FT: Be passionate about what you doing and really work hard on it. Also be patient as things don't just happen overnight. Work hard and follow your dream.
 
SaZw!: Thank you very much Fatima for you time. Wish you the best in everything you do

FT: Pleasure






2 comments: