Tuesday 26 May 2015

Glow In The Dark by Shaith Ndlovu

First of all, y'all not going to believe how I ended up in this show but what remains is that I attended it and loved it.

Held at the National Art Gallery in Bulawayo was the Glow In The Dark fashion exhibition by a student from Chinhoyi University of Technology. Shaith Ndlovu, born and bred in Byo was the reason I sat in that room for approximately 45mins with the best souls (pic below) and to be honest folks, I was impressed.

GlowInTheDark inspired by the beauty we see in the dark especially that of stars, really got me proud of the talent we have in our country let alone in the City of Kings and Queens. Her amazing garments explained the title of the whole exhibition and you could see pure talent as they glowed of different details in the dark. Then she used amazing colours to bring out the originality of the garments when in light. It's such a pity I never got the chance to interview her buh well I managed to grab a selfie with my amazing friends Ayanda (Byo fashion Diarist)  and Sdue (Head designer for LadyRunnaway) (below).

I really can't wait to see more of this amazing ball of creativity considering that she was trained by the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment