Friday 30 October 2015

Day One of Mat Fashion Week

Day one of the much anticipated Matebeleland Fashion Week has come and gone and I would  like to apologise profusely folks as I got there a bit late. But well for those who did not attend at all, we'll give you a bit of what we saw.

We managed to get there in time for the 3rd showcase of the night by a young man named Gift Tsingano with his label Tribes. Loved how he combined shades of polka-dot in his designs with some garments having black lace. I thought that was really brave. To describe those designs, I would simple say "simple yet chic



Next to showcase, last showcase of the night by the way, was a young lady Talent Ngwenya with her label Crocky. Really nice designs I should say. She managed to combine colours that one would dread to combine (black and red,, black and yellow) and yet brought out garments with a touch of sophistication. But well that's were the creativity comes in after all



Well I was a bit sad though that the turnout was a bit low but was quick to forgive folks as its a week day. We hoping day 2 will have a better one and we looking forward to it

No comments:

Post a Comment